As an organization, we affirm the Apostle’s Creed:
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended into hell.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.
In addition, we affirm George Patterson’s basic tenets of a self-replicating church as the foundation for the Christian life:
- Repent and believe (Mark 1:15)
- Be baptized (and continue in the life it initiates; Matt 28:18-20; Acts 2:38)
- Love God and neighbor in a practical way (Matt 22:37-40)
- Celebrate the Lord’s supper (Luke 22:17-20)
- Pray (Matt 6:5-15)
- Give (Mat 6:19-21; Luke 6:38)
- Disciple others (Matt 28:18-20)